Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the gap between the parts on the line?(the 2th problem for Alex_D)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,everyone

Firstly,I have a problem about how to set the gap between the parts on the line.the paramaters of the line are setted ,when I run the model,the results are shown in the following picture. you can see that :there is gap between the parts .I wanna set the gap very small,such as 0 or 0.01m.Because  I set the contents  (11) on the line with certain length.the red mark is 1.

What should I do ?

then,there is another puzzle,there are different results  in 2 ways to open the model.the model i created by v13.1 is English language of skin,

One way:when i open it in  v14.0 directly,the language of skin is chinese (I have set  "D:\Program Files\Siemens\Tecnomatix Plant Simulation 14\PlantSimulation.exe" /UILanguage:ENU).  the red marks is 2.

Another way:I open the PS v14.0,then i open the model with it,the language of skin is English ,this result is what I want .

Any help is great appreciated.

Looking forward to your directions!

捕获.JPG

10 REPLIES

Re: How to set the gap between the parts on the line?(the 2th problem for Alex_D)

Phenom
Phenom

@ 1. question

There are a few  set parameters that can cause  a gap on the

conveyors.

Before starting to guess, could you please send an extract of your model

to verify the set parameters

@ 2nd question

It would simplify anwsering and keeping an overview if you split different questions /request

into multiple posts and not add them all into one.

Betreff: How to set the gap between the parts on the line?(the 2th problem for Alex_D)

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi MarkLee,

I agree with @simulator, it would be better to create 2 separate threads (or add that question to the other thread, where we discussed the GUI of Plant before).

But anyway, regarding the 2nd question, I assume with "when i open it in  v14.0 directly" you mean choosing Plant 14 from the "Open with" context-menu like this or double-clicking it if Plant14 is your default program for SPP-files:

grafik.png

In that case it will always open with the "default" user-interface which is controlled by the language of your operating system. I don't know, whether you can change this (maybe in the registry, but I won't even try to do that Smiley Happy ), maybe someone from Siemens knows a trick for this.

Sorry Smiley Happy
Alex

Betreff: How to set the gap between the parts on the line?(the 2th problem for Alex_D)

Gears Phenom

Regarding the 1st question, I also agree with @simulator on this one, it would make more sense to post the model. From your screenshot I can see that you did not actually set any gap-parameters (it's still set to -1), so the gap is due to either a processing time of the predecessor-station (if longer than the moving time on the line), or maybe you defined a cycletime for the line-object, or...

If you set the "MU-Distance" parameter to e.g. 0.01 then the MUs should enter the line with that gap; if not, please post the model Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,Alex

I open the model by double-clicking it (if Plant14 is your default program for SPP-files),what'more,I open it by right-clicking and choose the program v14.0.

the results are same : the skin of language is chinese  in both way above.

Gears Phenom

AlexD_SimPlan schrieb:

In that case it will always open with the "default" user-interface which is controlled by the language of your operating system. I don't know, whether you can change this (maybe in the registry, but I wouldn't even try to do that Smiley Happy ), maybe someone from Siemens knows a trick for this.

You can look up userInterfaceLanguage in the help, but that is read-only, you cannot change the UI-language like this.
You can also check out "Starting Plant Simulation" in the help and "Entering Start Options", but they won't tell you anything new. The only way I know to change the user-interface is by opening the software with a shortcut, instead of directly opening model-files.

I have also tried choosing the shortcut as "Default Program for SPP-files", but that didn't work either.

I have the same problem like you; every time I want to make a screenshot for this forum, I have to open Plant with my shortcut so I get the English interface, but normally I use the German interface for my daily work.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,Alex_D (or others)

Thanks for your feedbacks!

Now, As for the topic of "gap" between the parts.I post the model in the attachment ,you can refer to it.

when I run it for about 40 miniutes ,the results is shown in the following picture with marks. the speed of the line is 0, the parts cannot be removed from the Portal. that means the line is blocked.

Looking forward to your directions!

Thank you!

捕获.JPG

Gears Phenom

OK,

1. In your "runJob" method you do not account for the case that the hook.cont.move was not successful, so the portal would just continue with the next job. You could add after the move-action:
    waituntil hook.empty prio 1
  2. The MUDistance settings don't work when you place parts on the line manually instead of coming from a predecessor via connector. Place a short line before L401 without gap-parameters and place your parts on it, then let it enter L401 via connector.
  3. I suggest to use "insert" instead of "move" in this case:
    	hook.cont.insert(L401.pred(1), L401.pred(1).length)
  4. Regarding the capacity of L401: Your parts are 1.2m long, so you cannot fit 11 of them on L401, which is 7m long, anyway!
  5. The icon size in the animation (both 3D and 2D) is not matching the actual MU-size, so it's difficult to verify the gap-behavior.
  6. Ensure that the short line before L401 is long enough for your parts (in case there are different MULengths in your model that can enter L401)

grafik.png

Regards,
Alex

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,Alex

Your answers are valuable.As is shown in the picture with marks,number 1,where should i insert the statement?

I try to use this statement instead of "hook.cont.move(l401,1)",however, it cannot work ,namely, the part cannot move to "L401" from the hook,so strange.

捕获.JPG

Gears Phenom

Is there a connected predecessor to L401? Else of course the code would not work, but if there is: what exactly does not work?

And the insert-action may not always be successful, that's why I suggested to wait until the move/insert works:

Screenshot - 22_11.png

I'll upload the adjusted model, it's working fine for me Smiley Happy