Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to set warm time in experiments?

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I am doing experiments with Experiment Manager, warm up time are set up in the EventController, but when I run the experiments in the Experiment Manager, it looks like no warm up time there.

What should I do to add warm up time to all my experiments?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to set warm time in experiments?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The warm-up time is set in the EventController: Settings tab, Statistics field.

If it is set correctly, then you should be more specific about what you observe in the experimental results.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Creator
Creator

Hi Nomden,

I attached how I set the EventController. I believe it is right because I can get a correct result we I run the model in EventController. But in Experiments Manager, the warm up time doesn't work. Do I need to choose any thing in Experiments Manager to enable warm up?

Solution Partner Phenom

As far as I can see the model works fine. There also is a difference in the results when the warm-up time is 1 day (your setting) and when it is set to zero.

I think the difference is so small, because you use relatively long runs for a small system with short processing times. Then those first MUs that enter an empty system, make a small difference for the total result.

You can easily determine the warm-up time by using the ExperimentManager. In your case you can do it as follows. Set the Statistics field of the EventController to zero. In the ExperimentManager, add the End attribute of the EventController as a parameter. Now insert several values for the experiments, e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, 120, 480 etc. minutes. Run these and you will see when the differences between experiments start to flatten out. That gives you an idea of a good warm-up time and it also happens to be on the safe side. Please consult some textbook to understand the basics of determining these experimental conditions (e.g. Law and Kelton, Robinson).

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Solution Partner Phenom

I attached a table with the differences.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com