Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to simulate 2-level assembly ?

Creator
Creator

Question.jpg

Please show me the way to construct a simulation of 2-level assembly as shown in the figure (in the black rectangle below).

Firstly, two pieces of Part1 have to be assembled with one piece of Part2 in order to form the first assembly. After that, two sets of this first assembly have to be assembled with one piece of Part3. Then, final product is obtained.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to simulate 2-level assembly ?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Tee,

You should use the Assembly object from the MaterialFlow folder. Try the setting Assembly table: Predecessors to specify the correct quantities.

Regards,

Gert Nomden

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com

Creator
Creator

Hi Nomden,

Thank you for your suggestion to use assembly. I have attached a ssp file that I have made (modeled the 2-level assembly line). However, I am not sure if I built it correctly or not. I wonder two things.

1. For first assembly I choose Part1 as Entity, Part2 as Container (to load two pieces of Part1 into it), and Part3 as Container (to load two pieces of Assembly1). I am not sure if we can load containers into a container like this way.

2. When I run the simulation, for second assembly, I see two pieces Assembly1 being loaded into the first Container (Part3) but after that it is loaded only one piece.

Regards,

Tee

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello Tee,

You can load a container on another container. However, in your model i saw that there was a small change which needs to be incorporated in configuration of Assembly_2 station.

In this station, you should change the value 'Main MU from predecessor' to '2' since pred '2' is supplying part 3.

Similarly, change in the assembly table to add part from pred 1.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Tee,

If you hover with your mouse over a connector object, the tooltip will show you the numbers of the predecessor and successor. Alternatively, under View>Options of the frame object you can select to show the predecessor numbers. This way you can see very easily how you should fill in the parameters.

For more advanced cases you can use the Assembly table: MU Types setting. Then you identify the required MUs by their Name attribute.

But I think for now it already works well to enforce the material availability conditions!

Regards,

Gert Nomden

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com