Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to skip an operation without skipping the Entity before

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I dont have a lot of experience with Plant Simulation so I'm just familiar with the drag and drop option...

and I have a big problem so I hope someone can help me.

I have a production line. On one Part of the line there are 4 mashines, but not every Entity has to be processed by every mashine. In reality the mashines are coupled in a row so if two parts have to be proceeded by mashine 1 the rest of the parts have to wait they cannot skip each other. Thats why it is not possible to connect the mashines parallel or to work with a "FlowControl".

I already tried to give the Entities after the Assembly names by using "TableFiles" to connect them with the associated mashine but it does not work. Still every mashine is proceeding every part. 

This is my first post.. so I really hope that all the information are enough and someone can help me.

Thank you.

Best regards,

IceTea

7 REPLIES

Re: How to skip an operation without skipping the Entity before

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

You can reach your result without programming.

You must have a variable in all the MUs stating in which machine you want them to exit the machines line. You can set this variable values in a creation table linked to the source object.

You must have all of the machines conected to themselves and to a Drain or next process.

In the exit tab you set the exit method in the drop list to MU Attribute. If the attribute of the MU matches the machine then you will skip the processes not needed while blocking the ones behind.

Good luck learning

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius
Hello IceTea,

Could you share your simulation model with us? With the limited information I have, maybe it's possible to set the proctime of the machine you're using to 0 for the parts that do not need any processing. That way, they are still use the capacity of the line or machine they're currently in and do not skip any steps. This can be done using a formula as processing time, or using a list(type) distribution.

Best regards,

Nick Peeters
Consultant
cards PLM Solutions
Nick Peeters
Simulation Consultant
www.cardsplmsolutions.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

thank you for your quick replies.

Nick Peeters I attached the part of my process line I'm talking about I hope it will help you.

I think what you are talking about its what I'm searching for. So maybe you can give me some more details about it?

Thank you.

Best regards,

IceTea

Solution Partner Genius
Hello IceTea,

You can use a tablefile like you described previously in the source, to create MUs with a specific name in a sequence. You have to define which MU type has which processing time per machine now by using a list (type) distribution as processing time for the Machine objects. The help documentation has a page for the list (type) distribution. If a certain MU type should not be processed on this machine, you simply fill in 0 seconds. In case of blocking, now it will stay on this machine until the next station is available again.
The MU that is processed in your model is the container and not the four entities that are on top of it though, so make sure you use the container names and not the entity names when filling in the table.

Best regards,

Nick Peeters
Consultant
cards PLM Solutions
Nick Peeters
Simulation Consultant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Nick Peeter,

Thank you very much it works perfectly.

Just a visual question at the end: is it also possible to give the different Types of containers different colors?

I did not found any possibility to do so...

Thank you!

Best regards,

IceTea

Solution Partner Genius

Hello IceTea,

Glad to hear it. You could create different subclasses for the types and fill those in in the tablefile. Then you can simply change the graphics in the MU settings tab 'Graphics'. If this is not a solution, you could use simtalk commands 'Vectorgraphicscolor' and 'Vectorgraphicsbordercolor' on the exit control of the source. I was informed by my colleague that it is also possible to use the Attributes subtable for these two attributes and specify their colors as an integer. You can refer to the help documentation for filling in this table and to understand the attributes.

Best regards,

Nick Peeters
Consultant
cards PLM Solutions

Nick Peeters
Simulation Consultant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Nick Peeters,

Thank you I will have a look for it.