Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use "pickandplace" to pick and to place parts from container to other objects ?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,everyone

I wanna  use "pickandplace" to pick and to place 1 part  from container  to other objects  at a time. I post the model  in the attachement  the original of whose  is modeled by experter "Bangsow".

Namely,the "pickandplace" numbered "1",pick 1part from the  machine numbered "2",and place the part on the "line" numbered 3, the empty container is moved to line1.As is shown in the following picture with red marks.

I try to modify the method of the "singelProc"  in the Control exit,and change the values of the capacity of the "pickandPlace",however, it fails.

How should I modify the method in the posted model?

Any help is great appreciated!

捕获.JPG

13 REPLIES

Betreff: How to use "pickandplace" to pick and to place parts from container to other obj

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Mark Lee,

attached you will find a small demo model showing how to load and unload a carrier using PickAndPlace Robot.

Hope this will help.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Betreff: How to use "pickandplace" to pick and to place parts from container to other obj

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Mark Lee,

attached you will find a small demo model showing how to load and unload a carrier using PickAndPlace Robot.

Hope this will help.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,GG

Firstly, give my best regards to you!

well, I have to say that you version is 14.0,it's too highs that i cannot open it,because my version is 13.1.

Could you convert it to lower version ?

Re: How to use "pickandplace" to pick and to place parts from container to other objects

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi MarkLee,

First some general good hearted advice:

1. start using simtalk 2, structure is much better and you programm faster.

2. Use debuging and breakpoints to understand the problem. The method was doing it's job, only as long as the part was not moved to the robot, the palette was returned to the singleproc. So after some time you had more move statements then parts, so you tried to move a VOID.

3. I always put @, ? into local variables, so I can use their behaviours and the method is more readable.

In Attachement I changed the exit control of the Singleproc. It is one of many solutions.

Greatings,

Marc

Re: How to use "pickandplace" to pick and to place parts from container to other objects

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi MarkLee,

I think some error slipped in. In the ExitCtrl of the singleproc the method should read:

While NOT myPalette.empty ....

I adapted the method a bit more. Now the pick and place moves the parts and the palette, each to their lines.

Greatings,

Marc

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,Hermans

Thanks for your time and patience!

When I run the model you posted ,the result is shown in the following picture.it seems unsuccessful. 

The parts and container of the "SingleProc" are all moved to the "Line1",it doesn't reach my goals.In fact, I hope that the "parts"  are moved to the "Line"  one by one at a time,while the empty "container" goes to "line1".

捕获.JPG

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Try this one

Saved the wrong model at the wrong time

Sorry,

Marc

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,Hermans

Thanks ,Still, I have a puzzel:when I run the model ,the "Pickandplace"  picks 1 part  from " singleproc" at the front of "line"  rather than at the rear of "SingleProc".Also, the "PickandPlace" places 1 part at the rear of "singleproc" rather than at the front of "line". As is shown in the following picture,the actual route is  line "1" with red marks ,what i want is line"2" with green marks.They are on the contrary,it looks very strange.

How to solve it? Looking forward to your further directions!

Have a good time!

捕获.JPG

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello MarkLee,

I don't understand what's wrong with the routing in your opinion; as you described in your 1st post, the parts are moved to Line and the empty pallet to Line1. However the animation/movement of the robot is wrong.

That's because in the ExitCtrl of the SingleProc, the empty pallet was moved directly to Line1 instead of using the robot. I have fixed this:

grafik.png

Also, use the TargetCtrl of the robot and don't move the parts in its ExitCtrl (@Hermans what purpose should the pickandplace have here if you directly move the parts in the front-activated exitctrl?).

Regards,
Alex