Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the HBW3D objects in Apllication objects to create an automated high-rise warehouse ?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,everyone!

I wanna to create an  automated high_rise warehouse with HBW3D objects. However ,I have no idea about it! My goal is  that the "Red" part entries into the "left" Racklane with "1" red mark ,while the "Blue" part moves to the "right" Racklane with "2" blue mark,but it failed.As is shown in the following picture .What should I do?

Secondly,the "WMS" object (which looks like information group) is so complex that it hard to understand and use it ?  Could you explain the usage of them in detail?

It will be much better if you can share such an model  in the attachment.

Looking forwarding to your directions!

Give my best regards to you!

HBW_3d.JPG

9 REPLIES

Betreff: How to use the HBW3D objects in Apllication objects to create an automated high-rise wareho

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi MarkLee,

just out of curiosity: have you checked out the example model for the HBW supplied by Plant Simulation? I don't use this object in projects, but I found it quite easy to use after looking at the example model and the documentation/help as well.

Also: I can't open your model because you use a special license (AssemblyLine) which most people on this forum won't have, so it might be better to post a model with only the relevant contents (the example HBW-model with 3 aisles has only 1.2MB).

Regarding your 1st question: I think you could use a user-method to choose the storage location like this:

param p_emptyBoxes : object, byref p_racklane : string, byref p_side : string, byref p_col : integer, byref p_row : integer
-> boolean

if @.name == "red"
	p_side := "left"
elseif @.name == "blue"
	p_side := "right"
else
	debug
end

for var i := 1 to p_emptyBoxes.yDim loop
	if p_emptyBoxes["Side", i] = p_side 
		p_racklane := p_emptyBoxes["Rack", i]
		p_col := p_emptyBoxes["Column", i]
		p_row := p_emptyBoxes["Row", i]
		result := true
		exitloop
	end
next

Regarding the 2nd question: that's a bit unspecific, maybe you should raise smaller, specific questions.

I hope this helps a bit, regards,
Alex

Betreff: How to use the HBW3D objects in Apllication objects to create an automated high-rise wareho

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello MarkLee,

in the Plant Simulation User Conference 2017 we presented some slides about the usage of the HBW library.

Attached you will find the slides we presented.

All methods of the WMS are explained.

Hope this will help.

Reagrds

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,GG and AlexD_simplan:

Thanks a lot!

I just come back because it's our National Day these days,so it's late to  send message to your reples!

I'll have a look at them carefully!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,GG

I read the material you attached,could you share the example mode which is shown in the material?

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks!

Siemens Phenom

Hello MarkLee,

attached ind the demo model I used during the Usermeeting 2017.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello GG,

You are always kind-hearted,I'll study it carefully.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello GG,

It's a pity that the model you attached is created by vesion 14.0.so the version is higher than the " Plant Simulation software" i use,which is 13.1.

Well, could you convert it into lower version model? It'll be great if you do it .

Thanks!

Siemens Phenom

Hello MarkLee,

we cannot convert the model back to 13.1 because the model makes use of functionalities which are only available for version 14 and higher.

Sorry for that.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,GG

Still,Thank you!

I'l try to  create HBW model by other way.

Have a good time!