Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to optimize the factory layout,I found this tool named LayoutOptimization.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,everyfriends

Now,I want to optimize the factory layout,I found this tool named LayoutOptimization.But I can't use it and I can't understand its little example. 

Can u teach me how to use?

Thank u very much~~~

4 REPLIES

Re: I want to optimize the factory layout,I found this tool named LayoutOptimization.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Bobika,

there is a small example, which can be open via the Start Page of Plant Simulation.

In the dialog Example Collection select Category Tools, Topic: Layout optimization open the model Factory.

At first look at the tab Configuration of the tool. You can drag & drop MUs onto the tool.

After the simulation you look at the tab Sankey. You can visualize the material flow. The resulting cost of transport are calculated on the tab Optimization. You can minimize it by the button Start. Press this button again. Based on the last optimization an additional optimization can improve the current result.

Regards,

Peter

Re: I want to optimize the factory layout,I found this tool named LayoutOptimization.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, Peter

I found this example and run it successfully. But I can't understand the cost unit.

There is another question that I have a product line which owns buffers and conveyors, I could build a model by using the object that Plant Simulation provided, I can drag & drop LayoutOptimizer,but I don't know how to define the MUs I want to observe.

So can u help me again?

Thanks for your reply,and look forward to your reply again.

Bobika^_^

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi!

You can define MUs to observe on the last tab, Configuration. Or you can drag MU from class library to LayoutOptimizer (LO).

Note that if you want to use several MU types, open MUList table in LO and drag MUs to the table, not to LO itself.

"Cost" is defined totally from travel distance, which is calculated from relative object location in pixels.

Please be aware that LO can only exchange position of objects. It does not move objects.

In other words, you have a set of basements. You can optimize, which station to mount on which basement. But you can't change basement location.

Regards, Vladimir.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,Vladimir!

Thanks for your reply, and it's useful.

Thank u very much~

Bobika~