Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If machines fail, move the parts and then redirect them to the line

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi everybody

I will try to explain you the problem I have...

Machines are in blue and buffers in red, as you can see exist two storage areas, ST1 with 4 buffers and ST2 with 9 buffers. For the case of OP 20, 30A, 30B and 40 if any machine fails the following process is performed:

-- The parts from previous stations begin to be stored in their nearby buffers, but if the capacity of these buffers is exceeded and the machine or machines are not available yet, the parts are moved to storage1, If storage 1 is full and machines not available yet, parts are moved to storage 2.

--For the case of storage 2, the parts to come from the rest of machines are stored there until are available again.

So in this process are some constraints:

1.- Is not possible mixing parts that come from different stations in the same buffer. I mean, if another machine fails the parts are stored in an empty buffer (2-9).

2.- If the machine is operational again, parts are moved and redirected to his respective station in order to complete production plan and ensure FIFO's principle, in this case, the first parts that return to the line are those that come from nearby buffers.

3.- If all parts of one type have no been released, the new part type cannot enter to the next station

The real system I'm modeling looks like the one in the attached image, or if you need to see the model maybe I could share it with you.

This is my final master's project, and this activity is the last I need modeling to perform validation. I think this is really complex, at least for me because I'm not an expert and still to learning about software, but I hope you can help me with your suggestions and approaches, or if you have an example model for creating a base, it would be great

Regards

Charly

2 REPLIES

Re: If machines fail, move the parts and then redirect them to the line

Experimenter
Experimenter
I would try solving this with a small method and having this one listening to the machine failures or the respective buffer...
So whenever a buffer is exceeded it chooses a buffer from the list where you also update from which machine failure this buffer is filled. I am not that quick in coding but I am pretty sure that it would work this way...
The entering proceedure would work similiar having a method listening to the machine or buffer and deciding where from to take the next Piece (it either buffer or previos materialflow element - right?)

Re: If machines fail, move the parts and then redirect them to the line

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi BastiPrell

Thank you for your reply

Yes, as you say it has to take the material from the previous buffer, depending what were the first parts entering to buffer

I have no solved my problem but, I'm still trying....

Regards
Charly