cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import 3D data directly from Teamcenter

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to directly import 3D data from Teamcenter to Plant Sim. Is there a way to do this or do I have to save the file outside of Teamcenter? 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES

Re: Import 3D data directly from Teamcenter

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

data sharing and data reuse between Plant Simulation and Temacenter is based on and supported through a specific Teamcenter application interface. This application interface can be installed on top of the Teamcenter Manufacturing configuration. Data sharing supports layout resources, operations and products.

The graphical data for resources and products are available for Plant Simulation through the TC application interface. After downloading the data set from Teamcenter through the Plant Simulation TC interface object you will see a filled table with all relevant attributes, links and information.

From there you can also access and import the jt-files to target simulation objects or just as 3D layout in thee background, depending on your needs.

There is a TEM package avialable, a kind of installation that adds Plant Simulation specific settings to the Teamcenter Manufacturing configuration.

Best regards

gepi

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Thank you Gepi.

I have successfully imported a work package with the mBOM, BOP and Plant Structure into a table file in Plant Simulation with the Retrieve JT files checkbox selected. I have two columns, JT_File_org and JT_File_transfer within my table file. How do I import these .jt files into my model? 

Siemens Legend

Hello,

the interactive workflow for a direct jt import from Teamcenter to Plant Simulation is currently not supported.

So if you do not intend to use the application interface you need to export the jt files from Teamcenter and subsequently import them to Plant Simulation. This is also a possible workflow...

Regards

gepi

Siemens Legend

Hello MKF,

you can use SimTalk and a coding similar to the following snapshot, using the jt file name and the transform matrix (i.e. the position of the graphics) from the import table. Please read the online help for mor details and parameter declaration for the predefined functions used below.

Here the sample code:

gid := graphObj._3d.importGraphics( makearray(0,0,0), path + file-name, false, false )
     -- create a group around the imported geometry (necessary to use the transform matrix...)
     -- gid points then to the new graphics group
     if (gid /= -1) then
     gid := graphObj._3d.groupGraphics(makearray(), makearray(gid))
     -- assign the transformation matrix to the graphic/group for proper positioning in the scene
     -- (when using the tm matrix directly on the graphic, the jt-internal positioning and scaling information            would be overwritten/deleted)
       graphObj._3D.setGraphicTransformationMatrix(makeArray(gid), tm)
    end

Regards

gepi