Having trouble setting up a Broker to mediate tool changes between mould presses with an Exporter (example attached). First I initiate the setup process of each press in my INIT method (setupFor). Depending on Kanban settings in my full model, the part styles and quantities triggered to run on initialization are not always the same -- its left to my Exporter's Order method to figure out (ToolChange1).
After calling the setup process for each press, the Exporter does it's job in the order it should. The correct tool (dismantle table) is put into the correct press (dismantle station) one after another and the correct run size is inputted into the SetupAfterNumParts field for each.
Once the desired number of parts have been made, the Set-up Importer is supposed to call on the Broker to send the Exporter for the tool change to follow. This does not happen however. The Set-up Importer is active on each press, I'm not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?
Also, whenever I reopen the model in Plant Sim. (either example or full), I have to re-activate the Set-up Importer on my dismantle stations. Not sure why this is but could be something related?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I've also had the problem that the importeractive-settings could not be saved individually for process/setup. But this was fixed in a patch and it seems you are still using version 13.0.0; try updating to 13.0.4 first, this should at least solve your problem with saving the settings.
Also, in your model the 2nd toolchange for each machine does not take place, because you did this here in the PartCount_Method:
But there's no method waiting to see your press being added to the ToolChangeQueue-list, and you don't manually enforce a setup, and there are no more rawmaterials coming in to automatically trigger a setup (you deactivated that option, anyway). So no new setup starts and therefore the ToolChange1 is not called.
Edit: why do you not use the settings AutomaticSetup and AfterLastPart ? I'm confident that would solve your problem (note: you need to restore inheritance for the AfterLastPart-parameter in your MouldPress-instances).
Thanks Alex you were correct. Activating AutomaticSetup and After Last Part was the fix, had a couple rules mixed up. I thought AutomaticSetup was to activate setup process on change of input material (so active or not didn't matter as all part styles are produced from the same material), and basically thought Before Next Part worked how After Last Part did and vice versa. I realize now that (for example) if I want to run A_Tool for 235 shots, then my SetupAfterNumParts needs to be 235 with After Last Part selected, or 234 with Before Next Part selected.
Also, that ToolChangeQueue stuff is just carryover code from a prior version of my example. I used to handle non-overlapping tool changes with the use of infinitely looping methods before looking into how to go about implementing a broker setup. The method (ToolChange, above ToolChange1) would reference the queue for the next press ready for a tool.
And thanks for the info on the V13.0.0 glitch, that's what I'm working with. Believe I have 13.0.2 available on my server so I'll have to get things updated