Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Importer setting: "Can be interrupted and drawn off"

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi Community

I am busy looking at moving workers around based on import priority but the setting "Can be interrupted and drawn off" does not seem to work as intended.

In the model attached I have a singleproc.proctime = 10:00 imp.priority = 0 and SingeProc1.proctime = 2:00 imp.priority = 10

If SingleProc starts working and then a bit later SingleProc1 requests an importer, should SingleProc's worker not stop working and go to SIngleProc1 based on the higher priority?

The image below shows how the worker is continuing to work on SingleProc while SingleProc1 is ready and waiting which does not make sense according to the "interrupted" setting being active on SingleProc... Am I missing something?

Interruptable.JPG

1 REPLY 1

Re: Importer setting: "Can be interrupted and drawn off"

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi Hermias, 

I think it has something to do with the option "Get job orders in pool only" (of the Workerpool). 

The resource returns to the pool to check whether there is a new job available, but only does so on completion of its current job.

If you deselect this option the worker will be able to receive new tasks when he is working on another task, interrupting the activity at the top SingleProc to process the bottom SingleProc.

Sincerely, 

Sebastiaan