Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Point Cloud Data & Converting to 3D Models into Tecnomatix Plant Simulation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, I have 3D scanned point cloud data of the plant equipments. I need to convert into 3D CAD models for the simulation project. My queries are...

1. What license I Should own and price of the license? Currently, I have Tecnomatix Plant Simulation (Professional license)
  2. Can I able to import point cloud data and in which formats (Should not affect the performance)?
  3. Do tecnomatix have any size limitations of importing where few other softwares doesn't?
  4. Can I able to register the cloud data and align into a single data (multiple scan shots) and eliminate the noise parameters?
  5. Is it easy to convert 3D models in the available solution (i mean the license)?
  6. 3D models are automatically developed from the point cloud data Or we need to put some human effort to develop the models?
  7. What about static and dynamic models and how to develop dynamic models?
  8. Could I be able to develop both equipment level and plant level as a whole unit?
  9. Waht are the advantages of having Factory CAD software over the above queries?
  10. Advantages of Tecnomatix over Japanese/German technologies (For eg. Infipoints)

Please do let me know if am not clear with any of my queries.

Regards

Shubha

2 REPLIES

Re: Importing Point Cloud Data & Converting to 3D Models into Tecnomatix Plant Simulation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Shubha,

here are some answers:

1. Professional license has support for PointClouds
  2. We only support the .pod format.
  3. The natural limit is the acceptable performance.
  4. This has to be done in an external tool.
  5. Not sure what you mean here.
  6. The PointCloud is just a background graphic which helps you in postioning your objects. There is no model automatically derived from the data.
  7. Not sure what you mean here.
  8. Basically yes, but we need more information what you exactly want to do here.
  9. FactoryCAD is a (static) layouting tool, Plant Simulation a (dynamic) material flow simulation.
  10. Don't know Infipoints

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Re: Importing Point Cloud Data & Converting to 3D Models into Tecnomatix Plant Simulation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Ralf.