Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Teamcenter with Plant Simulation

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Is it possible to integrate Plant Sim 30 day trial with Teamcenter. It has a Teacenter interface folder inside. How can I integrate Plant Simulate with Teamcenter and further with FactoryCAD.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Integrating Teamcenter with Plant Simulation

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The intent of the trial download for Tecnomatix Plant Simulation is basically for experiencing the software itself.  Usecases with Teamcenter integration typically need some configurations on the Teamcenter data model and these configurations (currently to be done through the Teamcenter Business Modeler) are beyond the trial scope.  I suggest that you contact your local Siemens PLM office about your plans and in order to determine how best to proceed.

Mike Rouman
Senior Marketing Manager
Manufacturing Engineering Software
Siemens Digital Industries Software Inc.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
And what about FactoryCAD?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Integration to FactoryCAD - as Mike already stated for Teamcenter - also requires configuration, i.e. building up matching libraries in the 2 tools according to customers use case. This is project work and cannot be part of the trial scope. FactoryCAD integration requires an additional license.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Mike,

I have downloaded Tecnomatix Students version

I wanted to integrate it with Teamcentre which is available in our college,can you please tell me the procedure to do the same & where to get templates to integrate.

If you think there are licensing issues, even Tecnomatix is also available at our college.

But I insist you to please tell for student version.

Thank you in advance.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @VishalSavane . The student download version doesn't have the license feature to enable integration with Teamcenter. In your college if you have the Plant Simulation academic bundle (this is different from the free student download license) license, you will be able to integrate with Teamcenter.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi abhidastidar,

Our college do have Tecnomatix & Teamcenter also.

Can you please provide some more detailed clues how to integrate the same(Procedure/sequence of Integration)

Your extended help will means a lot to me.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi VishalSavane,

only Professional and Research licenses support Teamcenter integration.

To set it up, you have to install the customization to Teamcenter that comes with plant simulation. Please use the actual delivery there, that will come with SP11.0.4 in the next days. Then you can export data defined in a CC as an Application interface of type Plant Simulation. Using the Teamcenter object in Plant Simulation you can now connect to Teamcenter and obtain this data. It will be loaded to a table and you can use it in an existing model. In between Plant Simulation and Teamcenter are stylesheets (in the Plant Sim installation dir) that convert the PLMXML to XML format.