Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface between Teamcenter -> Plant Simulation/Line Designer -> Mechatronics Concept Designer

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello community,

I try to use Teamcenter as a data backbone for modelling an automation plant. On top of that, I want to work with Line Designer to set up the whole factory building and the machines. My question is, if there is already a proper interface between Line Designer/Plant Simulation and the MCD in case of for example complex production plants that consist of diverse mechatronic systems such as the Multi-Carrier-System:

http://w3.siemens.com/mcms/mc-solutions/en/mechanical-engineering/packaging-machine/mcs/Pages/multi-...

Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES

Re: Interface between Teamcenter -> Plant Simulation/Line Designer -> Mechatronics Concept Des

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi D_Twin,

I would say Plant Simulation integrates quite well with Teamcenter, which is probably also the way to get the data from Line Designer.

Regarding MCD, I do not really see many benefits for an integration, since Plant Simulation has different data requirements and different use-cases. For instance, Plant Simulation can set the performance requirement (maximum cycle time) for an engineer working with MCD.

But you can readily use existing data interfaces, e.g. OPC to communicate between the software.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Re: Interface between Teamcenter -> Plant Simulation/Line Designer -> Mechatronics Concept Des

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
Hello,
the collaboration between line Designer and MCD is possible on the graphical layer.
You can start creating components with LD and reuse these for MCD specific refinements with kinematics and simulation inside of NX/MCD. The initial graphical components can be reused in a Plant Simulation layout, creating the overall shop floor layout. Currently it is not supported to share the kinematic and simulation done in MCD. In a typical workflow most customer use a simplified machine representation on shop floor level with exact timing for part manufacturing and availability or downtime settings. In terms of part throughput and shop floor capacity evaluation this is both, state of the art of in modeling and sufficient.
Regards
gepi