Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to observe waiting times or something similar on a Assembly station?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello 

I would know how I can observe the simulation when one part is missing in the Assembly station. statWaitingPartsTime is not a watchable attribute but is it possible to work around that so I can observe and put a breakpoint when the assembly station is waiting on one part and statWaitingPartsTime is increases? while it is incresing not after the fact. 

Br Jfinnberg

4 REPLIES

Re: Is it possible to observe waiting times or something similar on a Assembly station?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Jfinnberg,

prepare an observer for resWaiting, such you you can catch the start of the waiting time. If a waiting Assembly is occupied, it must be waiting for parts or services.

Regards,

Peter

Re: Is it possible to observe waiting times or something similar on a Assembly station?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

In addition, you might also observe the contents of the main MU.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Legend
Legend

1) On the entrance of the assemlby station create a time stamp. 

Then on the rear exit of the Sub assy station make another time stamp. 

Difference of the 2 will give you the waiting time. I hope you know how to records the timestamps. 

2) Another way is to record the time spent by the MU on the assembly station and substract it from the processing time. it will also give you the waititng time. 

Time Stamp at entry control of assy. station. time stamp on the rear exit ctrl and substract it from the cycletimes. 

Sachin

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Peter

I did as following: 

observers -> Empty 

if ?.Empty = false and ?.resWaiting = true
wait(1)
if ?.Empty = false and ?.resWaiting = true
?.Location
end
else
end

perhaps not the most elegant solution, but it captures the situation when a party is missing. 
Thanks 

Br Jfinnberg