Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easiest way to find out the "method" or "variable" used by other objects?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,everyone

I analog a little complex model,which consists of more than hundred objects. there are  several methods and variables  ,unfortunately,I forget that they are  used by some object.It's a tough task to look it up in all objects.

So,Is there an easiest way to find out the "method" or "variable" used by other objects?

Looking forward to your directions!

Any help is great appreciated!

2 REPLIES

Betreff: Is there an easiest way to find out the "method" or "variable" used by

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Mark Lee,

if you are searching for objects where the will be used, you can select the class object and select in the context menu "Show Inheritance". There you will see, where the object will be used.

If you do not know exactly which is the class object, select the object in the frame, press the SHIFT key and select "Open Class" in the Home ribbon tab. This will Show the class object.

You also can use the "find Object..." in the class library. Select the folder with all your objects, press right mouse button and select "Find Object..." in the dialog which opens, you can search for Name, Condition, Attributes, Source Code, and Tables

For example searching in source code will find all objects which call another function or you can find all objects with methods that refer to a defined variable and so on.

Hope this helps.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Betreff: Is there an easiest way to find out the "method" or "variable" used by

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,GG

Your suggestions are greatly effective and convinient .My problem is solved completley.

Thanks for your friendness and kindness!

Give my best regards to you!