Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Issues with MU spacing in lines

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I am facing problems trying keep even distance between MUs in a line. In the following screenshot as you see, I am trying to keep a pitch of 5 feet between MUs but they dont seem to be following that restriction(as you can see the Mu lenght is less than 5ft so they should not be sticking close together like that); and there are no entrance controls on that line

I tried enforcing the distance through controlling the cycletime too, but to no avail.

Can someone please help me understand why this might be happening.   

Thanks in advance for your response,

Ram

4 REPLIES

Re: Issues with MU spacing in lines

Hi,

Could you verify the exact distances on the object Main_Assembly? Go to View>Contents and see if the correct distances are adhered to.

A second point is that the preceding conveyor migth cause some trouble if it runs at a higher speed.

[NEW] Challenge us at the Plant Simulation World User Conference 2017. Share your question or idea here!
Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Thank you for your reply,

The view-> content option is pretty neat and I do see that it is not following the correct distance.

And you are right, the proceeding conveyor is running at a higher speed and upon further observation, I noticed that initially the distance is maintained but the speed transition only kicks in once the centre of the MU passes onto the next conveyor section and this speed difference is what is causing the pitch to be incorrect.

Is there anyway I can correct this? and the pitch to be followed correctly?

Thanks,
Ram
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nair
‎09-29-2016 10:37 AM

Yes, the so-called booking point determines the actual location of an MU, and thus the speed at which it moves.

I guess you can make a slight correction to the MU Distance value; if you increase/reduce it a bit, it should result in the correct minimal distances. You can do the math... This should work if you have MUs with the same length*(1-booking point length).

[NEW] Challenge us at the Plant Simulation World User Conference 2017. Share your question or idea here!
Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Aah, I guessed I can do that, I was wondering if plant simulation has any option to do that. There are lot of sections of conveyors with varying speeds where the pitch needs to be maintained.

Thank you for you answers, Gert.

Ram