Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kanban single request a number of parts each week

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello

I would like to simulate a line with Kanban singleProc as final each week I have an amount needed. I configure my Kanban object with a Sequence , for the example week1 100 parts and Week2 200.

During my Week1 if I produce more than 100 parts the parts left stay in a buffer.

I would like to have the Kanban Single Proc object request at the beginning of Week2 200.

I changed at the beginning of week2 the sequence but the KanbanSingleproc don't request any parts in week2.

how can I "reintialyze" the KnabanSingleProc to request parts again (after having 100parts on week 2 to have the 200 next parts.)

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Christelle

8 REPLIES

Re: Kanban single request a number of parts each week

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Christelle,

can you please provide your simulation model with the KanbanSingleProc?

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dear GG

thanks for your interest on my model.

Please find in attach the spp file.

Each week I update the Forecast table from Year_Forecast to have the number of parts on exit. for that I would like my Kanban object request each week an amount of part different (work with sequence of kanban).

In my model during he first week it was able to have its 100 parts but when start the second week the Kanban doesn't request any parts.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Christelle

Phenom
Phenom

Hi

I had a rough look at your model.

Question :

why are you not using the kanban buffer and kanban source  in combination with the kanban singleProc ? 

Here you could use - if then still necessary-  the requestParts -method

Phenom
Phenom

having a 2nd, closer look

it seems you are trying to alter the jobs/sequence every week during simulation by deleting the singleProc sequence-list and then adding new jobs to the empty list.

I don't expect this to work.

Please use some way to process the altered sequence list e.g. source plus  assembly station.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello

In my simulation I want to simulate parts coming from other production lines which work more as push system than pull system (that 's why I don't want to use Kanban buffer and Kanban source).

That's right after each week I thought to change the sequence table for Kanban singleProc. Maybe it's not the best way to simulate this flow.

I would like to see when, during a period , previous line are not sufficent to provide products for final lines.

Can I use RequestParts method with only KanbanSingleProc ? I don't want to push a number of parts but I wnt to check that we can have a number of parts as exit.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Christelle

Phenom
Phenom

forget about using the  kanbansingle_proc for any kind of sequence control w/o other kanban objects (e.g. kanban_buffer/ kanban_source)

They are designed to work together.

I've  altered your model (s. attachment)

The sequence is now created from sequence list. through mu's created  in a buffer object

You can force your line to work acc. to sequence by creating an individual assembly-list in the final -line object ( assemblystation).

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Nice work!

Indeed, this is a good way to create a basic Kanban or Conwip-system. At the beginning of a process, you consume the "cards" with an Assembly station, at the end of the process you can hand it back with a DismatnleStation.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks Simlator for your idea of using Assembly object and this variable buffer to have the correct amount of parts as exit.

I will use this idea to create my final line object (adding dismantle to be sure to have same entity as input of the object)

Best regards,

Christelle