Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence borrowing

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm using a floating licence, that means the licence is installed on a server in the network.

There's a point in Plant Simulation "Licence Borrowing". As far as I understand, this is just that you can use Plant on the computer without beeing connected to the network. The computer I'm working on is a laptop, therefore I would prefer to use Plant on my home computer (2 monitors of 21"), which I can't connect to the company network.

Is there a possibility to move the borrowed licence to my home computer ?

3 REPLIES

Betreff: Licence borrowing

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello hst,

The computer on which you want to borrow a license has to be able to connect to the license server.

It's not possible to copy the borrowed licenses from one computer to the other.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Legend
Legend

There exists something called a Wibukey, where you can put a license on a special USB-stick. I think that your licenses will need to support this and you have to order one of the sticks. Is that correct Ralf?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

That's correct. A license bound to a WIBU-Key would allow you to use it on different computers.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.