Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line with minimum gap

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello everyone,

I want to simulate a line with limited capacity and having minimum distance between the MUs. i tried 'Gap"option, but it is causing the deadlock. 'Minimum gap' option is not stopping Mus to maintain gap. please help me with this.

3 REPLIES

Re: Line with minimum gap

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello,

"Pitch" or "Gap" would work but the limited capacity kind of contradicts it. You can try by leaving the capacity in the  default setting "-1". This setting calcultes capacity acording to the length of the MU and the distance of the Line. 

If you set this, then the first MU will be stopped until the second MU arrives and so on (with the desired empty space between). Is this what you are expecting?

Regards,

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello Christian,

Thank you for prompt reply. I want to stop MUs when ther is any MU infront of it with a desired gap. But if there is no MU behind it, it should be able to move without waiting for anothe part and hence, maintaining gap. Is there some way, i can do this?

Thanks in advance

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

The minimum Gap or minimum Pitch do that (as if it would be an entrance rule), but if the next process is slower, then they start to pile up next to each other in the end of the line. To avoid this, turn off the Accumulating checkbox (its in the same Attributes tab of the Line).

minimum pitch doubt.png

Keep in mind sometimes the animation doesnt to necessarily matches the logic, what i mean is that it may seem visually that the objects are next or even on top of each other because of the icon size. You can check how the contents of a Line are placed in the Line Menu, View, Contents.

If it doesnt solve it yet please upload a model, you can build up a small example if you dont want to share your original file. I am working with Plant Sim 12.0, whats your version?

Regards,