Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load and Unload times method by worker

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello All,

I have got a problem with my simulation. i am trying to give the loading time and unloading time in a workplace. so worker does loading or unloading with in those times. After i run the simulation, he is doing the job normally. for loading and unloading i have used a method in the exit control of workplace. the main concept is, worker has to load a box from Pallet on a single proc, and has to unload that box on another pallet on another single proc. here i  have used the wait(****) also. but he is not even waiting. i want to use different loading times and unloading times depens on the type of box. how i can give that in simulation. please someone help me.

Thanks in advance.

BR

Kolla

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Load and Unload times method by worker

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
This might be a silly question, but can you not just increase the processing time on the SingleProc? Or is the box first processed for a specific amount of time, and then the box is loaded on the pallet afterwards? If you can share your model it would be of great help!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Marcus,

Thanks for your reply.

Here I am uploading my model. Please observe in the model where i marked in the image. in the current model, i am using the same kind of boxes on the pallet. later on i have to give different types. then the loading time and unloading time will changes. but for now, the loading time and unloading times are not working in the work place. since i am new to this software, and even i am learning it by doing, i have strucked at this problem.

Thank you so much .

BR

Kolla

Phenom
Phenom

Here's a simple example on how it should be 

configured to work.

Unbenannt.PNG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
@veeru
I answered a similar question earlier in the week (at least I think they sound similar). Take a look at my first answer in this thread and see if that can help:
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Plant-Simulation-Forum/Different-process-time-for-th...

Phenom
Phenom

Addendum

Have a closer look at the stations /workplaces in question.

In your model, the operator movement

plus the MU loading /unloading are fully

controlled by the workplace

exit control method.

It therefore seems you are overruling

the intended way for loading carrying Mu

through your own method code and

the set load-/ unloading time have no impact.

Please have a look at my before posted model.

Pioneer
Pioneer

@simulator 

Dear,

i am sorry that i have not elaborated the problem in my previous post. yes you are right. i have used the exit control method in the workerplace to load and unload the container . is it there any way to let the worker wait at workerplace for 5sec or 7 sec etc. before the loading. because, loading time will depends on the type of box that he is taking from the container. so to satisfy  this condition, i want to make him wait for some seconds at  worker place.

for the loading I have used like. [KP4L.cont.cont.move(@)]

or can we give the time for this movement [KP4L.cont.cont.move(@)] by using method ?

Please help me.

BR

Kolla

Phenom
Phenom

you can create a delay through an

additional wait  statement. 

Just try it.