Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load container using Simtalk

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi -

Is it possible to load a container using the entrance control of a singleproc? When the Mu arrives at the singleproc, I would like to logically move a container from a buffer station (not attached to anything) to the singleproc and place the mu on it. This way I can maintain a pool of containers in a central buffer station that serve several different flows of singleprocs.

I appreciate your tips.

6 REPLIES

Re: Load container using Simtalk

Legend
Legend

Is there a possibility to use the Assembly station? Mainpart as Container and then when the container is available you place the mu otherwise it will wait till the container is available. Check the sample model. 

And to answer your question yes we should be able to move a container and then a mu on it by using Methods/programming.

Sachin

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, I can only open models that are version 12 or under.

Yes, using the assembly station is a possibility and I have chosen to do that. I have ran into the following issues though.

• I do not know what to put in the "Main MU from predecessor" field
  • I receive the error shown below

ErrorCapture.JPG

Legend
Legend

check this one out. its in PlantSim 11

Sachin

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, however I want to move the container using SimTalk instead of a connection between the buffer and the Assembly object because it will make for a very cluttered frame in my case.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The reason for this is to model tooling fixtures and other resources that stay with MUs for several processes before they are freed. Perhaps there are better ways of doing this.

Legend
Legend

check this out. 

Sachin