cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load specific transporter MU's

Creator
Creator

Dear,

I'm trying to load MU's (.MUs.Grille) on a specific transporter (at the right side of my model), with the goal to enable a pull effect in my kanban set-up. I want this grille to be loaded on certain transporters, for example loaded on all the red ones. I've thought of two possiblities to fulfil this: make two sources for theTransporters with different colours and only load one of them, or (and I don't know how to) generate two colours of Transporters at one source and only load one of them. 

I've tried both methods and searched through this forum, but I can't find a solution for this challenge. Can one of you guys tell me how to enable this?

Best regards,

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Load specific transporter MU's

Hello Simulator2,

about your source problem: do you know about the "MU Selection" option of the source? There you can define a table and produce, for example, 2 transporter types alternatingly (or as in my example with given frequencies/ratios).

About the loading problem: you can define for the TransferStation, that only specific part-types are loaded to specific transporter-types on the tab "Advanced Attributes".

Screenshot - 15_12.png

As you can see, I am only loading the cyan-colored transporters, but the magenta ones just drive through empty.

Regards,
Alex

Creator
Creator

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for your extensive and helpful answer Smiley Happy

Creator
Creator

It almost works. I've got the issue that the pink ones also stop and wait for the part, however this part is not coming as it only loads the blue ones. I've compared our models however I cannot find what you did different. can you tell me which setting is wrong?

Hi Simulator2,

please uncheck the box "alyways stop container" on tab "Advanced Attributes". Then your transporters will only stop if there is something ready for loading, and the 2nd type will always move through, because there is never anything to load for them.

If you don't want that behaviour, because the other transporters must always wait until they can load something, please note that we have different library versions of the Tool.TransferStation (yours is 11.0.5.1, I had 11.0.10), so then I suggest you update those libraries in your model to the latest versions. The settings we made for the transfer station were identical, it's only the different library version Smiley Happy

Regards,
Alex

Creator
Creator

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy