Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SingleProc in 3D

Genius
Genius

This is probably a noob problem here. At some point I turned off the 3D graphics for all SingleProcs in my model, now I want to turn them back on and I can't remember what I did! Can anyone think of anywhere else I can look? I've checked the following areas:

SingleProc

3D Graphic Structure- all graphic are still there 

Create in 3D checkbox- Checked

Scale- 1

Edit 3D Properties; Graphics; 

default- Visible

Show content- checked

State group- Vertical

Graph Structure- Everything looks in tact and visible 

Frame

Right click on floor in 3D

; View All (no change)

; Unhide Objects (no change)

Behavior

If I drop a SingleProc, ParallelProc, DismanelStation, PickAndPlace, Buffer, Assembly, Sorter, FlowControl, or Cycle into the 3D Frame, no graphics appear. I have to go to the 2D view to see them.

What am I missing here... I looked for a setting to turn the graphics off for these... but can't find it. I seem to remember that it was a setting like this, but that was about 3 months ago.

Thank you in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Lost SingleProc in 3D

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello EMM,

Please check also that the default graphics group is not marked as 'Internal'.

Edit: Just saw that you have 'Show Content' switched on. Then internal graphic groups are shown. Can you post your model?

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Genius
Genius

Hi Ralf,

Thank you. I checked. It is not marked as Internal.

I'm not sure how much I can share of the model, so I stripped it down a bit, but you can still see the issue.

Thank you for your help!

Siemens Phenom
Hi EMM,
We had a look onto your model. It seems that the internal 3D data structure is corrupted. So it's not a setting problem you can fix.
We saw that the model had crashed. Do you know if the 3D graphics disappeared after a crash model was loaded?
We will spent some more time to see if the 3D part can be repaired.
Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted

Genius
Genius

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for your help! I did have multiple crashes and I don't remember if it dissappeared after the crash. I had the graphics off intentionally... atleast I thought for most of the time working on the model. Thank you again for looking into this. I have come up with a work around by attaching the graphic I needed to another object, but if you can figure out how to repair it, it would be good to know what to do if I have this problem again.

Best,

EMM

Phenom
Phenom

Hello

This sounds like the same problem someone I worked with encountered (Link to forum post) which I managed to solve temporarly by turning off and then back on the 'CreateIn3D' flag on the object that had vanished. In doing so the graphics were destroyed and recreated again to be their default graphics.

If that flag is still inhereted then you can change the copy in the class library and it should affect every object of that type in your project file.

Am interested to see what the end result of this is, as we could not post our model or recreate the issue with any other models.

JamesM

Siemens Phenom
Hi EMM,
After further investigations we found out that the graphic data is just missing from your file. So it seems that something happened which prevented the data from being written to the model file. So the model cannot be repaired.
We have no explanation how this can happen, so if this happens we would appreciate every hint you can give us.
Regards,

Ralf