cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MU selction: random vs percentage?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have a question regarding to the selection of MU.

For random: If I put no value in the frequency column, then the simulation would not run. I think random means a random number, why do we still need to put in the frequency? If we deliberately put in a desired frequency, then it should be "percentage" option, not random anymore. Am I understanding right?

I read in the Context Help and it says:

Random: It produces MUs in random frequencies according to the values which you entered into the frequency table.

Percentage: It produces MUs in percentages according to the values which you entered into the percentage table.

Again: "...random frequency ... according to the values you entered...." <~~~ if we enter something ourselves, then it is not random, is it not?

I am still confused about them. Please anyone instruct Smiley Sad

2 REPLIES

Re: MU selction: random vs percentage?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The Percentage mode is not random. When you click on the link "Percentage" in the online help, you will navigate to a detailed explanation of the Percentage mode. It says:

'MU selection > Percentage' is a deterministic process for realizing the frequencies of the part types which you entered into the column Portion for the part types. When selecting the next part, the Source goes to the row in the table which has the greatest need in the column Portion at this point in time. This creates periodically repeating patterns in the sequence of the part types to be produced.

Re: MU selction: random vs percentage?

Pioneer
Pioneer
Ok thank you Michael.