Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MU skips across the conveyor

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm having an issue where an MU is skipping across a conveyor (see video attached). The speed is being written to by the OPCUA interface. This is however a constant speed while it is running. I have not touched how the 3D properties for how the MU moves across the conveyor. 

What could cause this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: MU skips across the conveyor

Phenom
Phenom

looking at the video, it could be, that the

conveyor animation  paths are not aligned e.g. are overlapping

for whatever reason.

Open the conveyor in a new 3d window

to see/check  the standalone mu  animation.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hmm, haven't touched any animation paths after placing the object. I tried redoing the connectors but no luck. If I look into the 3D properties and MU animation, there are no animation paths, just like all other conveyors. I had this issue in a different simulation once and I found that the speeds were extremely high because of a calculation error, but this conveyor takes the same speed as a few of the surrounding conveyors and the MUS move fine on those. 

Phenom
Phenom

The animation paths for conveyors don't seem to be displayed any more.

Therefore check the "standalone" animation , to see 

how far the mu is moving on the conveyor.

(Just to focus the behaviour.)

Maybe you can ( manually ) replace and reconfigure  the conveyor in question to see if it is then ok.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
  1. Just to confirm that there are neither user-defined MU animations nor user-defined graphic in the conveyor in question:
    If the conveyor does not have any user-defined MU animations (you work with version 15 so if you don't see any MU animation in the MU animation property page of the 3D properties dialog of the conveyor in question, you can rule this out), then the animation works entirely standardized.
    The graphic look as if they are automatically generated graphics for a roller conveyor. You can check that by having a look at the same dialog: If there is a page Appearance, the object is length-oriented (as I expect it to be), and if additionally on the page Graphics, there is only a default graphic group (which will be marked as "Generated" then), then all you see are the default graphics.
  2. Assuming all that all checks above confirm a more or less standard object, you've got a simulation and no animation problem. This means that the MUs, for whatever reason, will leave the conveyor before they reach its end (this would be my best guess), or, alternatively, as you are working with the OPCUA interface, that there happens something fishy with the event controller time. I cannot read everything on the video, but if you have a look at the running event controller time, does it move smoothly?
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution