cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MU visualisation in 3D on a 4 axis robot

Creator
Creator

Im working on 3D animation of a 4 axis robot(5 axis later). I've managed to send the robot's gripper to the specific location to pickup the Mu(other movements still have to be added). But the Mu doesnt show on the robot at the location given at the gripper. I mimiced the 3D properties of the standard pick and place robot, but the mu still doesn't show. Can you show or tell me what I'm doing wrong and should do?

11 REPLIES

Re: MU visualisation in 3D on a 4 axis robot

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

To maybe save you a lot of work: Version 13.1 (released in december 2016) comes with a 4-axis Pick&Place robot. 5-axis is in plan for a next version. In Version 13.1 there is also a new functionality to interactively create intermetiate animation target points for each animation path. With this you can now easily generate realistic movements without programming. 

Phenom
Phenom

You probably have manually set the "AnimationObject"

Try  to set the "gripper" AnimationObject in a method like this

robot._3d.AnimationObject:="theta.y1.y2.gripper"

This should visualize the picked up  Mu by the robot.

Creator
Creator

This does assign the Mu to the gripper, but it also adds extra animations, probably from the original pick and place. I dont want these animations in my model.

Phenom
Phenom

I am not sure if the pick & place robot in version 13.0

can handle more /other  than 3 axis

Phenom
Phenom

it seems the scheduled axis animations interferred somehow

Have a look at frame2. It looks a bit better now.

Unbenannt.png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The extra animations are the PickAndPlace standard animations - and these are always present by default.

In Version 13, there is a trick to prevent those from being played - but that trick will not work in version 13.1 anymore (it was never fully intentional) so in my opinion, the best approach to this in version 13.0 is to use another object, e.g. a SingleProc or ParallelProc. User-defined animations will work there as on every other object but they do not have any own autmatic self animations that might conflict with your own ones.

Apart from that, I (mostly) agree with Ralph: Version 13.1 adds built-in tetraxial (and pentaxial!) robots so maybe you just could change to that program version.

Phenom
Phenom

Here's an PSi video of a 6 axis robot wrapped in a singlestation object.

(view in My Videos)

Creator
Creator
please, where and how did you render the video that you post?

Phenom
Phenom

either through the ribbon band (s. fig. below)

or by pressing right mouse button and selecting option at the

bottom of the list

Unbenannt.png