Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Machine Failure

When I try to set failure for the machine. What I know is the mean time between failure follows Weibull distribution with known parameters, and mean time to repair follows exponential distribution with knonw parameter. How can I configure this? Specify Weibull in "Start", and Exponential in "Stop"?

Another question is about "failure relates to". It has three options: simulation time, processing time, and operation time. What is the difference between processing time and operation time?

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author csw
Friday

Re: Machine Failure

Hi .I am not too sure about answer to your 1st question but I can answer your second question . If you slect failure mode "relates to processing time" than the Plant simulation consumes the time you have entered as interval while the object is working (that means it is not paused , waiting or unplanned) . If you select the failure mode "relates to operating time" than plant simulation considers the time you have entered as interval , if the object is not paused (working or waits) . I hope this helps .

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author csw
Friday

Re: Machine Failure

Hi, 

TO answer your first question:

You open the failure tab and uncheck the"availibility".

then the "Interval" Field and "Duration" field will be active. The Interval is the MTBF  where you can put the Weibull distribution and for repair time you can select Exponential distribution in thhe Duration field. I hope i answered what you want. 

Sachin