Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Make a worker bring back the change

Genius
Genius

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling with a problem related to workers.

I have a situation where workers will attend customers in different location, and after completing the job they will process the payment, that involves walk to a nearby register and then bring back the change.

Any ideas on how to model such behavior?

I can check the "exit locked" on the single process, to make the client wait for the change. But how do I tell the worker to walk an come back? Worker must not accept any other job before dealing with the change..

I appreciate any suggestions.

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Make a worker bring back the change

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @MarioSCS 

I can check the "exit locked" on the single process, to make the client wait for the change. But how do I tell the worker to walk an come back? Worker must not accept any other job before dealing with the change..

You could set the AutomaticMediation of the worker to False, then send him/her to the desired destination with goTo. A couple of waituntil statements would be enough to get him/her back. Take a look at this example:

(view in My Videos)

To choose the register to go, I based the logic on this:

... that involves walk to a nearby register and then bring back the change.

But you may use any other logic. As you could see in the video, distances are calculated dynamically, therefore the worker goes to different registers as you move them. The time to "get the change" was modeled using the command wait. Here, you can use distribution as well.

Hope that this suggestion helps you.

Best Regards,
Paulo Araujo

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Re: Make a worker bring back the change

Genius
Genius

Hi @araujopaulo

Thank you very much for the answer. I appreciate the time you tock to work on this, and also the video you made. That was amazing.

I didn't know about the method goTo and about the AutomaticMediation, this opens doors to so much more.

Thanks again!

Kind regards