Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Tablefile for Products and Stations

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer

Hi All,

I wonder if you could help me.

I would like to use 1 table file as a master for all my stations and products and whenever MU1 enters Station 1, I'd like the method to identify the right time based on the Station name and MU name.

I have attached a test model with 2 methods; in "Method" i tried to read yDim and xDim of the table; in "Method1" I tried to just return the corresponding time based on station and MU.

Neither works as of yet, have you got an idea for me please?

Thanks

Irina

2 REPLIES

Re: Master Tablefile for Products and Stations

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hi Irina,

There is actually no need for you to write any method at all in this instance. 

All you need to put in the formula is:

StandardTimes[to_str(@.origin),?]

@.origin gets the MU type the MU is, you then have to put it to a string because your column index is of type string. The ? will get the name of the SingleProc the MU is currently in. It will then report the correct time to the SingleProc

Regards

Ollie

Oliver MacFarlane
Simulation Engineer
web: www.simsol.co.uk
e-mail: oliver.macfarlane@simsol.co.uk

Re: Master Tablefile for Products and Stations

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Your Method1 does not work because you are trying to search the index on name basis whereas in the Tablefile you are making referrals to the objects.

Try using the names of the stations and products; st1, st2, st3 and Entity1, Entity2, Entity3. If you do don't forget to also switch the data types in your Tablefile.

Alternatively you could use the List option under Processing Time, or refer to StandardTimes[@.name,?.name] directly in the formula field instead of using a Method.