Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mean throughtput time of MUs

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear community members,

I modeled a production line (here a simplified model) and would like to do some experiments and measure the mean thourghtput time of a MU (for german speakers: Durchlaufzeit)

model_simplified.PNG

and I have the following questions:

1) There is a possibility to get statistics about the throughput time in the drain "type specific statistics table" with LT_Mean. Here a sceenshot of the table. Do you know why LT_Mean is bigger than LT_Max?

drain stats.PNG

2) In my model shown above there is a central source that is only there to trigger the creation of orders in the other two local sources "sourceA" and "sourceB". I would like to get the throughtput time of the orders, not starting from the time of "order creation", but starting from the time it actually  leaves sourceA (or sourceB) and starts to be processed. Is that possible?

3) I would like to calculate both throughtput times:

- from sourceA to the drain

- from sourceB to the drain.

Is there a function that gets the "start and end nodes" that should be considered and gives back the mean throughtput time? (That would also answer question2)

Thanks you very much! I would be happy with every single help, even if its just a little hint! Thanks Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES

Re: Mean throughtput time of MUs (tricky example)

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

you can write a method which fills a table with the following informations

MU | Station | Lead-Time (Durchlaufzeit)

For the MU and the Station you can define an Incoming-Method (Eingangssteuerung) which write the informations in a table. For the MU name you use @.Name and for the Station you can use for example the attribute "Standort".

Then in a second method for the drain (Eingangssteuerung) you search for the MU in the table and write for the Lead-Time column ereignisverwalter.zeit-@.erzeugt (If the MU is created, the attribute erzeugt is set)

Hope this gives you a help. Im also a beginner and would like to know how the "pros" handle this problem^^

Carsten

Re: Mean throughtput time of MUs (tricky example)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you very much for your help DubWay!

I used your idea with a small change: instead of writing the Generating Time for each MU in a table, I write it directly in a created attribute of the MU (named GenTime).

That way, at the Input method of the drain, there is no need to search the whole table, but just access @.GenTime

Thank you very much again for the detailed solution :-)

Re: Mean throughtput time of MUs

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

"Do you know why LT_Mean is bigger than LT_Max?"

Please have  acloser look at the table: LT_Mean and LT_Min is showing hours, LT_Max is showing days!