Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure time of MUs entering a buffer

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Community members,

I am making a simulation of an emergency department and at some point in the model I have different treatments for the patients entering the system. The main problem I face is that at some processes of the model I want to find a way to measure the time that each patient waits in a buffer to be treated. To simplify this I am searching for a way to measure the time that each different MU stays in a buffer. I tried to create a Method and somehow print the results but I lack the experience since I am a new user of the program. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES

Re: Measure time of MUs entering a buffer

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Dimak89,

If you need this information just for statistical purposes: don't worry, since each MU collects a lot of statistics, including waiting times.

If you need it for some local decision making, then you can use the method EntryTime of the MU, to read out when the MU entered the object it is located on.

Regards,

Gert Nomden

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Gert,

Thank you for your quick reply. I checked your answer and the EntryTime of the MU method is fitting my model but I don't know how to implement it. Can you please give me an example of some guideline? 

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi Dimak89, 

May be yo can write the simtime along with the getno, when the entity enters the buffer to a table and simillarly when the entity leaves the buffer search through the table write the exit value to another column in the table. In this way you will be able to find the time every entity spends in the buffer. Hope this will help. 

Regards, 

Rohit

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Gert,

I did as you said but the problem is that I cannot find a way to print the exit time on a table. I tried to put @.ExitTime instead of @.EntryTime but the program does not recognise this. Is there another command for this? I attached a screenshot to show you my code. Thank you and sorry for the continuous questions.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Well, if you use some control (maybe an exit control) then you can read the current time as follows: EventController.SimTime. This should work!

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com