cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method Call for Turning Shadows to ON.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello All, 

I would like to know if there is a Method Call for turning the shadow mode in 3D to ON or OFF. Thank you so much. Smiley Happy 

Best Regards, 
Simpulse

6 REPLIES

Re: Method Call for Turning Shadows to ON.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hello Simpulse,

Currently this is only possible through the Ribbon button or the context menu of the frame.
Regards,

Ralf

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello RalfTobel, 

Thank you for your reply. Any plans of executing this with a Method call in the next versions? Smiley Happy 

Best Regards, 

Simpulse

Siemens Phenom
Hello Simpulse,
Could you explain why you want to turn shadows on through SimTalk. If we have a good reason we can consider to implement this feature in the next version.
Regards,

Ralf

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello RalfTobel,

I will try to explain it as best as I could. I work a lot in 3D and to me, personally, there are two modes.

1. The "Working" mode where the Shadows are turned off and the Grids and the Axes are still visible. The visible Axes and the Grids help in modeling the lines more efficiently. However, when I am done creating my 3D Model and I have no changes left to make and need to present it to a client, I would turn on the Shadows.

2. The "Presentation" mode where there are no modeling changes but rather used just for Visualization. This, I feel is more useful when presenting the models to Clients as it is more appealing to the Viewer.

Of course, it is very easy to access the parameter from the Ribbon Bar. But, when I want to switch between the "Working" mode and the "Presentation" mode where the parameters are not just turning on the shadows, but also maybe setting the Background color, Kamera Animation Settings etc., then I think this would be a very good addition. However, I can totally understand it if there is not enough weight to actually implement it. Maybe not now, but in the future? Smiley Happy I hope this gave you an understanding of why I think it would be nice to have a method call for turning the shadows to ON or OFF. Thank you for your time. Have a wonderful day. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Simpulse

Siemens Phenom
Hello Simpulse,
I see your point. In version 13.2 you will have a boolean attribute "_3D.ShowShadows" with with you can turn shadows on/off.
Regards,

Ralf

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello RalfTobel,

That is awesome! Looking forward. Thank you so much! Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Simpulse