Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method error: Transfered object is not an importer

Hi

I have made a method for the broker and it seams to create a good deal of truble. Can any one explain me why.

When I reset the model Plant Sim will come up with this error meaasge for the method for the broker.

"Transfered object is not an importer"

And in some cases the same error will make Plant Sim shut down.

See attached Screenshots for error messages.

10 REPLIES

Re: Method error: Transfered object is not an importer

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello CavemanProgram,

the error message in the log file can happened when the model is loaded. Is that right? Maybe the model file is destroyed.

Since the debugger is opened with the message “Transferred object is not an importer” in a reset method my conjecture is that the object of the variable obj is void since the corresponding object is deleted.

To investigate the crash a model is needed.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

I have attached a model and a short video that show how that i get the error.

Find the wideo here:
http://youtu.be/RP1xj6J1uWQ

I can mail one in better quality, sins that the forum not will allow the upload

Hope it will make sens.

Siemens Phenom

Hello CavemanProgram,

thank you for the hint.

We will solve the problem.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

Now you are at the case. Can you explain me where I can find some detailed info with respect to the Broker.

I am looking for information that can tell me:

> When are the Broker scripts called

> How is the workers selected in the worker pool or when they are free some where in the model

> What happens if the method redjects a call from an Importer, and when/how is it called again

> What is the excat difference between workers, exporters and importers. Some times workers and exporters sems to be the same and still there are a resources called a workers and exporters.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Peter (Again)

I have a bit extra for the model.

Some how i can have a singleproc preforming a work without a worker (And there should have been a worker)

When I reset the model (Shut down Plant Sim) The error is gone.

And sorry I do not know how to provoke this error, but I have made a video of it. Check the attached.

Siemens Phenom

Hello CavemanProgram,

the Broker has the task to mediate services.

An Importer, like a SingleProc, requests services by the Broker. That is the essential idea of central control of workers. The importer does not look for workers. Workers and Exporters offers services.  A worker has the capacity 1, but an Exporter can serve multiple Importers if its capacity is > 1.

If an Importer requested a service and the Broker was not able to mediate it, the brown LED of the Importer shows that the Importer is waiting for services. Please read about the LED (you call it “dot” in your movie) and switch on the Icon animation. When later a worker with the suitable service is free, the Broker will try to mediate.

If you want to consider your own mediation rules you will use the controls of the Broker. Plant Simulation only ensures that each request of an Importer will satisfy.

You see that a SingleProc processed a part without worker was on the workplace. During the processing you can check the Singleproc via the menu View > Exporters or View > Services. The second table contains subtables which can be opened by a double click.

After saving the model it works as expected: The part which arrived at 5:45 is processed with a worker on the workplace. Please check the setting of the Workerpool . Maybe the checkbox “Worker can work remotely” is selected. Another conjecture is that the waiting part is moved away by the method by a move-instruction.

May I notice that the model (before saving) was not consistent. After saving you cannot reproduce the behavior.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for your Answers with respect to the Worker and Broker.

With respect to the worker that was gone:

Please check the setting of the Workerpool . Maybe the checkbox “Worker can work remotely” is selected. (I cheched that and that option was not active)

Siemens Phenom

Hello CavemanProgram,

do you have the model before saving with the behavior shown in the movie?

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

Sorry I do not have that. But if it happens again, then I will post it here in this thread.