Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Method for sorting MU in buffer with attributes

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Gusy,

i am very new in plant simulation. I need a method which can organize that 6 MUs with a specific attribute go from a buffer or store to a next free machine or buffer. Can you help please?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Method for sorting MU in buffer with attributes

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello beesdauer,

basically you can write a method which loops through all the MUs on your buffer and store, checks for that specific attribute and then use the move method to move them to the machin or buffer.

But this might not be the most efficient way. If we would know what you exactly try to achieve and when this behavior is triggered there might be easier solutions.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I had a similar problem. So i wrote with a method all incoming MUs in a table and searched in the table for the right attribute of the MU with a loop. With that way i got the place in the buffer and could use the move-command. But first you need to set your buffer capaticity right. For example Xdim = ? and Ydim = 1 that you can use the table row of the found MU.

Hope i'm allowed to help as a newbie Smiley Happy

Greetings

Carsten

Experimenter
Experimenter

It sounds like a good solution. Can you post the method? I still have some problems to start programming the codes. Thank you.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your response. The aim of the model ist to check all MUs in buffer. If there a 6 MUs with same attribute, the next production process can start.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Just give a few more information about the MUs like the name and the attributes.

After 6 same MUs should all MUs be moved or only the 6?

Later i try my best to write a method

Greetings

Carsten

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi DubWay,

thank you for your support.

Name of the MU´s: Fördergut1

Fördergut2

Attribute of the MU´s: Name: Press; Value: 5

Value: 6

The goal is to batch always 6 MU´s with Attribute Press and Value 5 or 6 for the next production step - an oven process. Do you need more information?

Thank in advance.