Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method problem with @ object

Dear Community,

after two hours of tries i finally understand which is the problem in my model but, unfortunately, i don't know how to solve it.

The model is a basic conwip system; if i use 3 conwip card for test the simulation never stops because, i found (see the image), that container 3 (or even  possibly more) are coming back to the previous stage.

model.png

In attach you'll find the model blocked to when the problem occurs (see image below)

2018-03-12_18-49-13.png

I think that probably is a call chain problem because the container number 3 is supposed to be called by the second stage and not the first one.

When the command move (highlighted) is executed the container of course come back.

i've tried to replace the @ with ?.cont but it's not working.

I do not really have any clue how to solve it.

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Method problem with @ object

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi francescopoli,

I don't know the exact intention of the entrance control of BufferAssembly but you should leave the loop when the bufferAssembly is empty and don't start a waituntil for each new entrance.

Hope this improvements can solve your problem.

Kind regards

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Dear Karola,

many thanks for your help; the problem i had is solved but as you can see from the simulation running many others arises.

If i may, i had one more general question; i work with tecnomatix from three years now but i have one problem i have never find a way to solve and that is how to debug effectively the model, meaning find the reason why the model stops.

Of course experience is fundamental and i get it but do you have some suggestions on how to get better at this?

Because, for example, if i run the model i'll find that everything works smoothly until container #63 and then something happens (for sure).

Thank you a lot. 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi francescopoli,

you can use the method debugger to step through your method. Then you can see all the values of @, ? and of your variables and the call chain, call stack.

An other helpful thing is the event debugger. There you can see all the events of the MUs and the stations.

In both debugger you can set breakpoints to stop at a certain position.

Kind regards

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.