Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum gap implementation

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey Everyone, Just a quick question.

I'm trying get the minimum gap set for line25. The gap is closing to zero if the accumulation is turned on and If I turn it off, the gap is just maintained at the rate the MUs are coming in, far greater than the required 20 inches. 

Thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Minimum gap implementation

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The gap is determined when an MU enters the line. Therefore the initial gap can be reduced/disappear when the line is blocked at the end (when it is accumulating). What you describe is what I would expect.

What do you want to achieve?

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

I'm trying to get an accumulation behavior but with a minimum gap. The gap is important for my purpose and would like to therefore get it right. Some models here have implemented a dummy MU or a change in the graphics to achieve this, but I'm trying to see if I can get something more realistic working.

Phenom
Phenom

@Haseeb 

Could you provide some real world information on 

this special kind of conveyor behaviour.

If you use a track  and vehicle you could maybe

simulate this  conveyor behaviour, as the vehicle 

can trigger a method if it gets closer to a predecessor than a defined.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Don't the MUs have to keep that minimum gap everywhere in your model / layout? Because in that case it will still be the easiest way to make them 20in longer (possibly with transparent graphics).

If it's only on certain conveyors and the lengths/intervals are always the same (e.g. because all MUs have the same length + same gap = [minimum] distance between MU-fronts is always the same length X, when accumulating), then you could place 1 sensor every X meters and stop the MU until the next position is free?

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

I recently needed a this very functionalty.

Products from Conveyor1 needed to enter Conveyor2, which then entered Conveyor3. Conveyor2 needed to have this functionality.

I added a source that was directly connected to Conveyor2 which produced a dummy-mu. The dummy-mu had the length of the desired gap between products. The source had the following front-activated exit-control:

var s := ?.succ
waituntil s.statnumin = ?.statnumin*2 - 1
@.move

Conveyor2 was simply accumulating. Conveyor2 had a exit control that sent MU's named dummy to a Drain. All other MUs continued to Conveyor3 (Conveyor3 didn't need this functionality).

Then everything worked. I made the source, drain and dummy-mu invisible, and everything worked as expected.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

That's probably the easiest solution :thumbsup: Smiley Happy

I would rather use a PullControl, though (instead of waituntil in combination with statNumIn, which will change its value in case you use a statistics reset!):

if <last part was gap-dummy> then
    //only unblock real MU, and remember last part = real MU
else
    //only unblock gap-dummy, and remember last part = gap-dummy
end