Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing time for resource utilization portions

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

If I dont select a shift for a SingleProc, then I have a portion of time that is not accounted for in the resource statistics (the time percentages do not add to 100). Please see the image below.

Is it necessary to use a shift for a resource? What if machines can continue automatic processing when workers finish their shift?

Please can some one help me to understand what is happening, because I thought that these resource statistics time percentages should add to 100 and it is not clear how the missing time is spent.

Thanks in advance, BCS

PlantSimError.png

4 REPLIES

Re: Missing time for resource utilization portions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
hard to answer without the model, my sum is 100 commonly the dialog has not been refreshed by you after the run (view/refresh or F5) ShiftCalendar is not mandatory. A object works fine w/wo it.

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Thank you for your response. The refreshing you spoke about is not the problem, and when I try that it has no effect. I cant share my model publicly, and Im finding it hard to remove the detail while retaining the error.

I have now found that the shift calendar is not to blame, because I have found missing time even when the shift calendar is given to the machine.

Thanks again

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

I have managed to reduce the simulation details enough to share and the error is still there, please see attached model. Check the resource statistics for AssemblyBench1 (with or without the shift calendar), there is a few percent of time missing and in the statistics report the bar shows a white section for this missing time.

Please let me know where you think this time is spent, and why it isnt captured by Plant Simulation.

Thanks in advance.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
I have to confirm this to be a bug which will be fixed in the next patch of V 13.2 and above. The missed time is "waiting" and the failure happens when the worker is being removed while he is setting up. This is what happens at 44:16:00:00.

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!