I am trying to simulate a mix product scenario in which I have 6 different products (namely A,B,C,D,E & F). I have attached below the image and a basic model for understanding the flow. The description of the scenario is as follows:
1. There are 2 sources which produce product A,B,C and D, E, F respectively.
2. There are 6 buffers which sort products according to their name.
3. I have cell A which consist of 3 machines (A1, A2 & A3). Part A & B are only processed in Machine A1. Part C is processed in A1 after that it goes for further operation of Machine A2. Part D is only processed on Machine A2. Part E is processed in machine A2 after that it goes for further operation of Machine A3. Part F is only processed in machine A3.
4. The parts after processing from cell A goes to their respective buffer .
5. I have cell B which consist of 3 machines (B1 & B2). From buffer 2 parts goes to cell B for last operation. Part A, B, C, D & E are only processed in Machine B1 while part F is only processed in machine B2.
6. The parts are processed in batches to meet the daily requirement
7. at present I dont have any restricted buffer capacity.
There are seperate cycle time which is determined by the product. I have attached a image which gives the data about process time and setup time & daily requirement.
I have following questions. Please help if you can on getting info over it:
1. How to I assign process and setup time through Tables?
2. Can I use experiment manager to find out best run to identify my batch planning throughout the day?
3. I want my part F to be processed when my part C is planned and similarly part A & B to be processed when part E is planned. So what method should I use for that?
4. How to run simulation as per my batches planning?
5. I am planning to produce A & E 4 times thier required capacity i.e. (280 nos. & 200 nos.) so that I need to run their batch only for first day in 4 consecutive days. How do I simulate this?
P.S.: Kindly share Plant Simulation Ver10.1 model as I don't have Plant Simulation Ver11
only some answers:
3.) You can use delivery tables for the sources, so you can synchronize the feeding of the lines. (see help). In the mid of the production you can block the exit of buffers to wait for the right condition for starting the production (see help exitLocked).
4.) create different delivery-tables and assign this tables in the init method to the sources
freelance simulation specialist