Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling a lift/elevator

Creator
Creator

I am currently trying to model a lift/elevator.  I need to show the lift/elevator lift the vehicle and once the vehicle is clear of the lift/elevator, show the lift/elevator lower to pickup the next vehicle.  I have attached a copy of a video showing the lift/elevator in a different software.  Any ideas as to how to attach this in Plant Sim?

(view in My Videos)
; SingleProc with animation, track, etc.  Any examples anyone can share?

Thanks,

Brian

17 REPLIES

Re: Modeling a lift/elevator

Genius
Genius

I'm actually working on the same thing right now. I'll let you know if am able to come up with anything. Right now, I'm using a SingleProc with an attached animation, it works more or less but it's been a bit of a headache to make it look right (which is important to our client). If anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear them as well.

I have seen a post on using lines, but I had difficulty getting the MU orientation correct

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Bebo,

You can find a simple lift implementation attached.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Creator
Creator

Thanks Ralf! Was a big help!

Genius
Genius

Hi Ralf,

This looks like a much easier implementation that what I was doing with a SingleProc. I have a question regarding your animation time. I was under the impression that you needed to set a time under the SelfAnimate tab and have been trying to sync that time with the SingleProc processing time and the methods calls. A bit cumbersome to say the least. It looks like you can just leave these fields blank and as long as your running the model at "Real Time" * X then the animation plays correctly. Am I correct in my understanding of timing here?

Thanks for your help!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi EMM,

In this case a speed of 1m/s is assumed. If you want to have a different speed you have to  change it in the defined self animations and in the variable LiftSpeed.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Creator
Creator

We noticed that too, if we left the field blank.  Which is what we want anyways.  I really don't want to have to change the vaule in 2 places.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Half,

I am tring to use your code into my model to achieve a lift. It works very well in the first 5-6 runs, after your reset 6 times the lift doesn't move any move and parts were blocked. I notice that in your sample model, you also define a 'Reset' method, but I don't know where you used it?

I attached my model, could you help me to have a look?

Thank you so much!

Wendy

Genius
Genius

Reset methods are automatically called when you click the "Reset" button on your model. 

Pioneer
Pioneer

So do you have any idea why the lift doesn't work after severial time of reset? Did you write any code to the reset method?