Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling floater as replacement

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

I would like to set up a model where every time a worker enters failure state, his workplace is taken over by a designated floater.

1) How can I set the floater to be availalbe for requests only when any other worker is failed? Currently, he is just an additional worker who happens to offer all services (and works instead of waiting idle), as opposed to the rest, who serve only a limited number of stations.

2) Is there a possibility to force the removal of workers in fail state (for as long as its duration) from the workplace (e.g. to the pool)? Otherwise they are staying there and blocking the use of a replacement.

I'm grateful for any hints on how to approach the issues!

Regards,

Peritectic

2 REPLIES

Re: Modeling floater as replacement

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Peritectic,

the problem seems to be not easy. Please look at my idea.

The worker with failures is equipped with an interaction control for failures with the following code:

if ?.failed then
SingleProc.imp.setServices(ServicesFloater);
else
SingleProc.imp.releaseExporters;
SingleProc.imp.setServices(ServicesWorker);
end;

Please note that you cannot change the services when an importer is working.

Regards,

Peter

Re: Modeling floater as replacement

Creator
Creator

Hi Peter,

thanks for your reply. It does the work indeed - now I'm trying to implement it in a model with multiple workers at more machines, each machine requesting its own type of service. So it would be neccessary to adress the machine via worker->workplace->station. ?.location.station.imp... doesn't work, is there a way around?

Best regards,

Peritectic