Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Move an MU to Converter

Hello everyone,

I've just noticed that it's not possible to make an MUs move to a Converter with SimTalk. 

How can I handle it ? 

Thank you very much

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Move an MU to Converter

Hi ocsim56,

as you stated yourself, that seems to be impossible (I'm fairly sure it actually is), so you can't handle it Smiley Wink What exactly do you want to do, so why do you need to move/insert an MU on the converter?

One option could be to connect a Buffer (e.g.) with a connector to the Converter, then you can trigger the MU with a regular "Buffer.cont.move"; only problem: the Converter may have to move up/down first, so the move may not happen immediately. Also, the MU will move with its front only, not inserted at a desired position:

grafik.png

Regards,
Alex

Thank you very much for your answer Alex. Yesterday I found a similar (like your solution) trick to solve the problem. In stead of your Buffer I used a line with a very high speed and also for the converter. That make the move very fast, It looks like an insert method with the desired position. 

Thank you Alex have a nice day ! 

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author ocsim56
Thursday

Yeah, I've tried that way, too. I think they are basically equivalent; probably adding an entranceCtrl to the converter to switch between "highspeed" and back to "real" speed would make sense here, unless that error is small enough for you to ignore.

It finally works ! Thank you very much Alex ! 

BR
OC