Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving 2 parts from Store to Assembly: Store Problem

Creator
Creator

Hello Everyone,

The task I am trying to do, requires that 2 MUs from "IntermediateStorage (Store)" should be moved to "Assembly Station". This should keep happening unless the store gets emptied or simulation time stops. 

For the Assembly, one part is coming from "Basis" and the other two should come from "Store". I am unable to configure/program this in "StorageExit" method.

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Asad Mahmood

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Moving 2 parts from Store to Assembly: Store Problem

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Asad,

just replace the Store object by a ParallelProc object and your simulation model runs.

It is not possible to connect a Store object with the Assembly object.

Regards

Guido

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Hi,

The problem is that I need "Store" element at that place. After that I need to assemble "Basis" with two MUs that should come out of store.

Even if I add a Parallel Proc after Store and then connect that parallel proc to Assembly, two MUs should come out of parallel proc! Can you help me this (How can I program this)? 
Regards,

Asad

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Asad,

the store is a special object which does not move parts out of the store to the succeeding objects. To move parts out of the store, you have to write your own strategy in which way parts will be movd out.

Also the assembly station can not pull out any parts from the store.

when using the ParallelProc instead of a Store the Assembly object pulls parts out of the ParallelProc as soon as the main part arrives at the Assembly.

In the assembly list you can define how many parts are used by the Assembly to assemble one product.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution