Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Moving an object to another frame via SimTalk

Phenom
Phenom

Hello

Would be easier using a store or a buffer instead of using a transporter, that way it would be a fixed location to send them to each time. 

Regardless the locations and order of the MU's need to be stored in a table or something so when I put them back in I know where to locate them. This is where moving the frame itself comes from and not trying to temporally store the MU's.

JamesM

Re: Moving an object to another frame via SimTalk

Phenom
Phenom

Hello all.

After thinking it through a bit, managed to get to a much better working solution similar to how Peter done the moving of the MU through a store. Attached is a model (v12.2) which shows it working, with the MU's 3D data changed to make it easier to see and to prove it works how I wanted.

It first creates a copy of the sub frame and then removes the MU's from it. Instead of moving the MU's to a store they are then moved directly to where they should be in the new frame and out from the old frame before the old frame is deleted.

It is not the best of methods to do it, but the best that I could come up with and workd for most of the material flow objects. It does not work for anything that turns (PickAndPlace, TurnTable or Turnplate) or for the Assembily or Dissambily stations. Any sugestions for improvements are welcomed.

I would still like to see a built in method for this at some point, as I do think it is something that will be useful, expecially when building more real to life models and not abstracted models.

JamesM