Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Portal Crane

Creator
Creator

Hi, I have three question regarding the Multi-Portal Crane. I am using Plant Simulation V14.0.2.1258

- It seems that the Trolley speed for the Multi-Portal Crane is multiplied with 60 every time I close the dialog window of the object. For example when I change the Trolley speed to 1 m/min and click "OK" to close the window the speed is changed to 60 m/min when I re-open the Portal Crane window. If I change to 10 m/min the speed is changed to 600 m/min when I re-open the dialog window. 

- The second question I have is how I change the 3D-graphic of the hook? When I in the 3D-tab of the Portal Crane dialog window inserts a reference to a 3D-file in the "Hook graphics file:" I get the messege below. I have tried to refere to both a JT.-file and a STEP-file and I get the same messege.

Error.PNG

- The last question I have is if it is possible to control the rotation of the hook so that I can rotate the picked up object before I transport it to the next station?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES

Betreff: Multi Portal Crane

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Tobias,

first of all, it is always a good idea to provide a simulation model so that we can easy reproduce the facts you mention.

To your questions:

- May be the setting of Plant Simulation does not correspondent to the input values you enter. So have a look at the input field of the trolley speed, there you will see the unit of the speed. May be this causes the multiplication by 60.

. I assume you only provided a graphic file for the hook, but not for the portal and the trolley. Currently it is only possible to provide graphic files for all three items: portal, trolley and hook.

- currently it is not possible to rotate the part carried by the hook.

Hope this helps.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Thank you for the answeres!

- You are right that the problem is related to the Plant Simulation settings. Because when I create a new simulation model and only insert a Portal Crane there is no problem with the Trolley speed. However when I change the speed unit in the Model Settings to m/min instead of m/s the problem occures. It seems that the model is converting the Trolley speed from m/s to m/min every time i close the dialog window, even if the input unit is m/min. This problem is only for the trolley speed and not for the portal speed or hook speed. (I have attached the simulation model with a portal crane)

Error.PNG

- Is it possible in some way export the original graphic files for the portal and trolley and use those?

Thank you!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Tobias,

you are right, there was a conversion error for the trolley speed when closing the dialog. You will get a new version of the library with the next maintenance pack of Plant Simulation.

The graphic of the portal is created on the fly and cannot be exported, sorry for that.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution