Hi, I have three question regarding the Multi-Portal Crane. I am using Plant Simulation V188.8.131.528
- It seems that the Trolley speed for the Multi-Portal Crane is multiplied with 60 every time I close the dialog window of the object. For example when I change the Trolley speed to 1 m/min and click "OK" to close the window the speed is changed to 60 m/min when I re-open the Portal Crane window. If I change to 10 m/min the speed is changed to 600 m/min when I re-open the dialog window.
- The second question I have is how I change the 3D-graphic of the hook? When I in the 3D-tab of the Portal Crane dialog window inserts a reference to a 3D-file in the "Hook graphics file:" I get the messege below. I have tried to refere to both a JT.-file and a STEP-file and I get the same messege.
- The last question I have is if it is possible to control the rotation of the hook so that I can rotate the picked up object before I transport it to the next station?
Solved! Go to Solution.
first of all, it is always a good idea to provide a simulation model so that we can easy reproduce the facts you mention.
To your questions:
- May be the setting of Plant Simulation does not correspondent to the input values you enter. So have a look at the input field of the trolley speed, there you will see the unit of the speed. May be this causes the multiplication by 60.
. I assume you only provided a graphic file for the hook, but not for the portal and the trolley. Currently it is only possible to provide graphic files for all three items: portal, trolley and hook.
- currently it is not possible to rotate the part carried by the hook.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for the answeres!
- You are right that the problem is related to the Plant Simulation settings. Because when I create a new simulation model and only insert a Portal Crane there is no problem with the Trolley speed. However when I change the speed unit in the Model Settings to m/min instead of m/s the problem occures. It seems that the model is converting the Trolley speed from m/s to m/min every time i close the dialog window, even if the input unit is m/min. This problem is only for the trolley speed and not for the portal speed or hook speed. (I have attached the simulation model with a portal crane)
- Is it possible in some way export the original graphic files for the portal and trolley and use those?
you are right, there was a conversion error for the trolley speed when closing the dialog. You will get a new version of the library with the next maintenance pack of Plant Simulation.
The graphic of the portal is created on the fly and cannot be exported, sorry for that.