Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Workers carrying a Transporter loaded with parts

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

Is there a way I can model a system where multiple workers carry a trolley/ transporter/ container from one point to another? The trolley will be loaded as per its capacity. Beyond a point few workers will be free from the task and remaining will carry the trolley forward.

Thanks in advance

Pradeep

3 REPLIES

Re: Multiple Workers carrying a Transporter loaded with parts

Legend
Legend

Trolley can be a container or transporter. You can check the exit stratecy tab in the processors or buffers and select "carry part away" from  the drop down. you will need a drop area for the first exchange and then the other free workers can take the part away from there. check the sample. 

note: Also one worker can carry more than one part but one part cannot be carried by more than one worker. 

Sachin

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Sachin for your time.

Yes I know that the present Plant Simulation structure doesn't provide the option to carry a part by multiple workers but I have a case where a trolley is pushed by 3 workers and I want to model the scenario.

Is there anything that can be done to replicate the scenario.

FYI... I tried modeling by considering Transporter MU as trolley, Container as part and entities as workers. I was able to create the flow but finding it difficult to get the worker statistics in this scenario. I even tried adding custom attributes.

Pradeep

Legend
Legend

so you can model the scenario but it will not be visually pleasant. What you can do is; create dummy singleprocs and give very high time to them. Whenver you want to push the trolley create a dummy mu on singleproc and ask for the same service. So now one operator pushing the cart and other 2 busy on the dummy single procs. Now as soon as the trolley is moved to next station, delete the dummy mus. This way you will get the utilization of the operators. you might have to code a bit. But this will solve your purpose of getting right utilization. Also this is one of the idea that came to my mind.

It would have been very easy if plant simulation could provide the importer services to Transporters.

Sachin