Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET api to control the modification of a .txt modified with Plant Simulation

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am modifying a .txt file with the following code in PlantSimulation at the end of the simulation: 

var file :object
var file2 :object
var i : integer
var r : real
file:=fileOut
/*file2:=RandomSeed

file2.remove*/

/*for i:=1 to OutData.ydim 
	r:=str_to_time(OutData[1,i])
	file2.writeLn(R)	
next*/

r:=str_to_time(OutData[2,1])
file.writeln(R)

r:=str_to_time(OutData[4,1])
file.writeLn(R)

r:=str_to_time(OutData[3,1])
file.writeLn(R)

r:=str_to_time(OutData[4,1])
file.writeLn(R)

file.close

This works properly, however when I combine it with the .NET api (that I use on Matlab) to control when the file is modified it gets stuck and do not see the change of the file. The .NET code that I use is the following:

watcher = system.IO.FileSystemWatcher;
watcher.Path = 'C:\somewhere\somefolder';
watcher.Filter = 'OutData.txt';
watcher.NotifyFilter = System.IO.NotifyFilters.LastWrite;  

watcher.WaitForChanged(System.IO.WatcherChangeTypes.Changed);

However this code works properly and not relevant for that. I just want to explain what happens. This code basically control my OutData.txt (linked to fileOut), blocking the rest of the program until this file is modified. I do that because I need PlantSimulation to modify some .txt that will be then analysed with Matlab. As said, this Matlab code works fine in any other situation and thus the problem is not here.  

My idea is that how the file is modified in Plant Simulation is the reason of why the change is not revealed and so how can I fix that?

To do the same thing I have looked at the .COM interface event SimulationFinished, but this tells when the simulation is finished and not also when all the methods of endsim have finished to work. Any other option would be helpful.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES

Betreff: .NET api to control the modification of a .txt modified with Plant Simulation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello NicoF,

We are opening a file with the following C function "_wfsopen(<file path>, "a+", _SH_DENYWR)".

The flag in the last parameter prohibits that any other process can write to the file.

Perhaps the call 'watcher.WaitForChanged' needs write access for watching the file status.

Can you write the output to a temporary file and then copy it to the wanted destination?

You can use the system function: system("copy <temp file> OutData.txt")

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Betreff: .NET api to control the modification of a .txt modified with Plant Simulation

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Ralf,

I'm not sure to understand when I have to do this copy. Do you mean when the OutData.txt is overwritten by Plant Simulation?

However, the "watcher.WaitForChanged" don't require write access to detect the change.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The idea is that in Plant Simulation you first write to a temporary file and the copy this temporary file to the final file named OutData.txt.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Since I wasn't able to fix this problem I found another way to do that and everything works. Thanks!