Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPCUA connect to Local Kepware sever

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I'm struggling to connect an OPCUA interface with a tag on a local kepware instance. The security from the local sever port has been removed.

Please see the attached image for the OPCUA interface configuration and the error message i get.

If i completely clear the "OCPUAInterface - Items" table and tick the "active" checkbox and apply then i do not get an error and the OCPUA state icon turns green, but with the items inplace i get an error message saying "the item ID refers to a node that does not exist in the server address space"

I have no trouble connecting to the same tag on the server ("Channel1.Device1.Tag10") to a standard OPC interface (non-UA), so I'm wondering if I need to reference the tag differently in the OPCUA object...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Cheers

2 REPLIES

Re: OPCUA connect to Local Kepware sever

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Referencing may be a little bit different in UA. You can use a free testclient (e.g. UA Expert) to see how to address correctly. Also, did you try the Import Items.. button? This should automatically import all tags addressed correctly.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Kaspar

Re: OPCUA connect to Local Kepware sever

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks Kaspar.

I used the UAexpert and it told me  the correct namespace value = 2 (was previousky using 3)

So seems to be working for now.

Thanks,

Shaun