Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One (the same) Worker for two specified (selected) processes

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hallo,

Please, can anyone help me? I`m beginner of PS and i have problem, how to set for one worker (of many workers on shift) 2 specified processes for working 50/50. It`s mean, that when he ends process on one parallel station for example, he will continue on second station with single process, and after ending this process repeat working on next entity on parallel process and then on next entity on singleProc? Thank you for your time.

5 REPLIES

Betreff: One (the same) Worker for two specified (selected) processes

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello LT2017,

there is an example model available for forcing a worker to work in a given sequence, which will basically do what you require. It may not be so easy to achieve for complete beginners, though. Here's how to find it:

grafik.pnggrafik.pnggrafik.png

I've thought about using different priorities for the importers of your ParallelProc and SingleProc, but I don't think there will be a "simple" solution without programming some methods, sorry Smiley Indifferent

Regards,
Alex

Experimenter
Experimenter

That`s worry...and isn`t possible do this through a definition Additionalservices in WorkerPool Creation Table(like f.e. share1, share2) and amount to them only 1 worker in Shifts Worker (other workers amounts on workerpool to any other aditional "Standardservices") and then on processes. that i need share set share1 on importer services, or any other not easy configuration without programming any method? I Try it on example "One Worker on two machines", and it works, but i dont know, that is this right solution, without Methods. Please, can you control it?

Gears Phenom

Hello LT2017,

no offense, but I can't understand what you are trying to say. Could you please try to reformulate your last post in other words?

Regards,
Alex

Experimenter
Experimenter

I`m only tried to solve this problem without need a Methods, but not sure, that mine solution is right. I`m not good in programming, so if is there any other way, i want to try it. I have others questions too for understanding some rules of PS, but not in this line. Thank you very much for your responce and help.

Gears Phenom

Hello LT2017,

I can't make changes to your model, because I only have a professional/business license, but I simply started it and slowed down the animation (you can do that too, just take a look at the animation in realtime x30, for example (change the EventController.StartDate to 6 hours, so you don't have to wait for the ShiftCalendar at the model start)).

You will see that the worker processes 4 parts on the ParallelProc in parallel (!), then these 4 parts enter the buffer in between and 1 part goes into the SingleProc. But during the time it takes this piece to get into the SingleProc the ParallelProc already has the next 4 parts and the worker handles 4 parts there again and again. So after 12 parts he will go to the SingleProc for the first time; then he will handle 2 parts there, and continues to go back and forth between ParallelProc and SingleProc. So your model does not behave like you intended it to, at all... Smiley Sad

Look here:

grafik.png

Now I've re-read your OP, and I think it's (by definition) not possible to make the worker work only on 1 part on a ParallelProc, as this object will always (if possible) process all parts at the same time and the worker is required by the ParallelProc, not individual parts.

If you only want 1 part to be processed on the ParallelProc by the worker each time he comes over, why don't you use another SingleProc instead of the ParallelProc?

Regards,
Alex