Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One worker at two semi-automatic machines

Genius
Genius

Dear Plant Sim community,

I want to model a simulation, where I have one worker at two semi-automatic machines. That means the worker is at each machine only for a part of the machine's processing time (e.g. for starting the machine). As you can see in the attached screenshot, I was able to model two machines and two working places. 

My Question(s):

• How do I can make sure, that the worker is only occupied by a semi-automatic machine for the time it takes to start the process ( the worker should not be at the machine for the whole processing time)?
  • And additionally, if I want to model this concept for further semi-automatic machines with one worker pool and one broker, is it possible to assign one worker to two semi-automatic machines? 

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate every suggestion!

PS_Worker_Issue.png

9 REPLIES

Betreff: One worker at two semi-automatic machines

Phenom
Phenom

@1 you can split your process into 2 processes:

1. starting process with worker -> 1. station

2. main process w/o worker  -> 2. station

@2  you can increase the worker capacity from 1 to 2 to work on 2 starting processes

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Niroe,

you have to activate the importer of the semi-automatic machines. In the receive control of the importer you make a methcall to a method which will release the imported worker. In this methcall you can also define the time the worker has to stay at the machine before he will leave to next station.

Attached you will find a small demo model realizing three semi-automatic machines. Look at the receive control of the machines to find out how this will be done.

Hope this helps.

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Genius
Genius
Thank you! This sounds like an easy way to simulate a semi-automatic station.

Regarding question 2:

As an example: Worker "Chris" is assigned to machine "M1" and "M2" and worker "Carolin" is assigned to machine "M3" and "M4". Is it possible to model this? Maybe with the worker pool or the brooker ?

Genius
Genius
Thanks for your reply, GG! Unfortunatly, I am working with Plant Sim V13. Are you able to convert the simulation model, that I can open it with Plant Sim V13. Or is there a different way to open the simulation model?

Genius
Genius
Hello GG,

do you mind to send me the code of the receive control and the method, which releases the worker ? I really appreciate your input!

Thanks!
Niels

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Niroe,

it is not possible to convert a simulation model created in 14 back to version 13.

All stations have a receive control with the same code.

param type: integer, -- Importer type (0=failure, 1=setup, 2=processing, 3=transport)

tbl: table -- Exporters
switch type
	case 0
		?.failImp.startProcessing
	case 1
		?.setupImp.startSetup
	case 2
		?.imp.startProcessing
		&releaseWorker.methcall(10, ?)
end

The parameter of the methcall are the time needed for the worker to stay at the machine and the machine itself.

The method releaseWorker is called by all stations:

param station : object

station.Imp.releaseExporters

This method just releases the imported exporter (worker)

Hope this helps.

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi GG,

I have a similar problem, your solution solved part of my problem; to load the semi-automatic machine. In my model I need to unload the machine as well. I tried to use the release control for this, but it doesn't seem to trigger when the worker have already been released. 

So, the machines processtime includes time for loading and unloading. Preferably I want the unloading time to show in both the statistics for the worker, and in the Station. I also use shifts in the model. 

Do you have any idea of how this could be solved? Thank you so much for the help!

Phenom
Phenom

As already posted, you can also divide the process into  multiple (sub-) processes.

Unbenannt.PNG

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Yes, I know I can divide the process. But it is very complicated to divide the process with the existing logic in my model. The solution need to be a single singleproc.